SwimRVA at the Collegiate School Aquatics Center is now accepting applications for a Communications Coordinator. This candidate is an integral part of our non-profit organization and serves as the link between the organization and the community.
Must have past customer service experience
CPR/First Aid certification or willing to obtain upon hiring
Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Willing to work mornings, evenings, and weekends
Attention to detail
SwimRVA seeks qualified, motivated, energetic individuals. Our 54,000 square foot facility located in Chesterfield County, Virginia houses three pools to provide a wide variety of classes. Please respond to email@example.com
Starting Pay: $10 per hour with 20-30 hours per week. Staff evaluations and possible pay increases every 6 months.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday from 5:45am-11/12pm. Occasional weekends and afternoon/night shifts.
COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
As a Communications Coordinator, your main goal is to share the SwimRVA story of its programs and initiatives with the public using SwimRVA’s style and tone. You are responsible for maintaining consistent communications of SwimRVA to its participants, supporters, and influencers.
Duties and responsibilities
Communications Coordinator is a vital part of the SwimRVA organization. You are the link between SwimRVA and the public. You job is to educate the outside world with the “why” of SwimRVA and its progress in the community to help increase the strength of the greater Richmond region's swimming eco-system. The following duties are, but not limited to, what is expected from our Communications Coordinator.
- All Member Service Representative Duties. Communications Coordinator will serve as the early morning front desk customer service person.
- Update communication calendar and information bank
- Coordinate Social Media
- Develop and manage story gathering procedure
- Develop weekly blog through the voice and tone of SwimRVA
- Post current stories and information on Facebook and Twitter
- Develop strategy for Pinterest, vine, Instagram and linked-in site
- Report monthly social media progress to Director of Administration
- Coordinate Newsletters
- Create monthly donor letter with SwimRVA program performance stories. Donor letter will also include metrics and performance of the organization.
- Assist in developing and implementing SwimRVA’s marketing strategy.
- All other duties assigned by department heads.
Occasionally member service representatives will be responsible, but not limited to, walking on tours, assisting in set-ups of various types, and lifting and carrying weights up to 50 pounds.
Member Service Representatives will report directly to the Director of Administration.