Check out the RAFFLE PACKAGES that will be up for grabs!
Welcome to the 2016 Big Splash Bash! This event is a celebration of groups and individuals throughout the greater Richmond region who have played an important role in developing swimming and diving. It is a chance to showcase those who have played a significant role in developing aquatics in Richmond and surrounding areas.
SwimRVA is a not for profit organization whose mission is to elevate swimming in the Richmond region, making water safety and aquatic fitness more accessible to all. Serving as a regional catalyst for water safety, health and wellness, regional tourism and competitive swimming, SwimRVA is motivated by a vision to change lives through aquatics. From a child learning the necessary skills to be water safe and building tools to stay active, to adults fighting isolation or challenging their technique against others in competition, aquatics can open the doors for a more vibrant community.
SwimRVA’s goal is to inspire and support “Learn to Swim” and aquatic programming for all ages from 120 regional elementary schools to adults. Our success has been through powerful collaborations and contributions.
To amplify SwimRVA's impact on changing lives through aquatics, on Saturday, October 1, SwimRVA is holding its inaugural Big Splash Bash from 6:00-9:00 p.m. at the Tuckahoe Woman’s Club. It is a gala to bring together a swimming community with a passion for sharing the joy we find in aquatics and an opportunity to support those who would otherwise never have a chance to learn to swim!
The event will help fund:
- Increasing the number of second graders taught annually in SwimRVA's free learn-to-swim program
- Fostering wellness to more than 29,314 seniors who participate in SwimRVA's programming each year (age 60+)
- Continuing to foster more high school swimming programs, above the eight that SwimRVA has already started in Chesterfield and Richmond City
- Introducing the learn to swim program to middle school students
- Offering 70 exercise classes each week on both land and water
- Training 157 lifeguards who are employed in Central Virginia through the SwimRVA certification program
- Food and fun (not a stuffy seated rubber chicken dinner)
- Photo booth and dunk tank on site to make your night go swimmingly
- SwimRVA will be inducting several individuals and groups into a 'Hall of Inspiration'
- Tickets are $100 per person
For more information about the event please contact Scott at email@example.com or call at 804-271-8271 or email Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Big Splash Bash is expected to bring 300 community leaders to the event, and we would love to have you and/or your organization involved in our efforts.
To become a sponsor, please contact Amy Williams at email@example.com.
Thank you to our sponsors of the 2016 Big Splash Bash:
Richmond has its own aquatic story. It has its own rich background. It is filled with courage, truthfulness, persistence, success, and dignity. These principles have become the backbone of SwimRVA and its aquatic programming.
Please join us on October 1 to celebrate Richmond's history and a brighter aquatic future!